2016 Review of the Year



Here's my attempt at a video review of the year for 2016. Looking back, we put a lot of time and effort into making the Drones4Good Masterclass work. It took about 8 weeks to develop a working prototype with a 3D printed frame that the students could build and which came in under budget at £35 per kit.

This is my first attempt at doing an edit with Lightworks, as I normally just use GoPro Studio or the (now discontinued) Windows MovieMaker. This was a really complicated edit to put together, though, and I'm not entirely happy with my first attempt. It was made in four sections, which were then stitched together: "Year 9 Masterclass", "DaVinci Aerial Screw", "Radeon Meet the Creators" shoot and "Hackney Masterclass". Even then, I missed a few things out. The stills from both Masterclasses are mainly from the professional photographer, but the videos are mine, with the exception of the one where we're pushing the computer along the road in the dark. Thanks Mercedes, I never thought to take any pictures, although it fits perfectly with the story line. The high resolution Lima video also belongs to en-topia. The original looks so much better though, I think Lightworks has messed around with the frame rate and the sense of the undulating landscape has been lost.

So that's my first attempt, and, now I know what I've done wrong, I might have another go? I'm going to build a micro FPV quadcopter first, though.

Comments

Post a Comment