Building the 250 Size Quadcopter



Here is the time lapse showing the assembly of the 250 size quadcopter which we flew at the UK Drone Show. It was all going so well until I got to the final motor and noticed that one of the wires had come loose. You can see it on the video quite clearly, but I'm sure it wasn't loose after the disassembly video that I posted earlier.

If you look closely, you can also see that in my haste I also put the top right motor on with the wrong orientation as the motor wires are on the wrong side of the blue arm. They should be a mirror image of the top left motor, but as I knew I was going to have to remove it to re-solder the wire, I didn't bother to change it.

In terms of continuity, I should explain that we flew the aircraft at the UK Drone Show, disassembled it and filmed it to check for any problems, then filmed the assembly, which is this video. The time lapse shots were taken using a GoPro Hero 4 Session camera, taking one shot every 2 seconds.

Comments